laugh-rest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Artist Promotion Package  (Read 4307 times)

Ryan Murphy

• Administrator
Artist Promotion Package
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »
I am not providing this service anymore as social site blasts have proven less and less effective. I will be offering a more varied promotion campaign package.

(Note: if you have questions, please read through this thread first, and if your question hasn't come up, please make an account and ask here so other interested parties can see the answers.)

I will do a blast promotion for your song on Soundcloud. Full, Lite or Intro level packages.

The intro package is a good push for new songs and freebies. It really gets your track a nice boost on the social sites and on soundcloud.

The lite package is for those who want a bigger push than the intro pack, but don't need as big a push as the full package.

The full package is a major push for any song.

Generally my service is a multi-prong social media blitz for one song on soundcloud. Please note that this is not a complete substitute for a long term promotion campaign. It is a one time boost to push your song. This service is best used when you are ready to really push a song on all fronts of a promo attack.

I will push your song to build up your facebook likes, tweets, and G+1 hits. Plus StumbleUpon and other bookmarking sites. Main promo work is done on 6 sites. Facebook, Twitter, G+1, Stumbleupon, Delicious and Digg.

Numbers will vary, but you WILL get a lot of new facebook likes, and g+1 hits. Tweets average around 20, but often more. The average boost to plays is around 500-800, just from this service. A song that takes off will obviously get a lot more.

Here is a song of mine that I have used a limited application of my methods on, just so you can see how effective I can be: http://soundcloud.com/acidhedz/zombie-dance-acidhedz
Note the number of facebook likes, tweets and G+1 shares it has. Over 40 G+1 shares, over 50 tweets, and over 50 facebook likes. With over 300 plays. That's just a sample, even less work than I do for the 25$ package.

This will boost your plays, and nearly always your favorites. Comment, Follower and DL numbers vary too much for me to say you will or wont get some. Since most soundcloud comments and follows come from other artists trying to get you to do the same on their songs, I consider plays, favorites and DL's to be the most important. Songs that can be downloaded for free often get shared more, and have more viral potential.

This will help you get better search rankings on soundcloud, and increases the chances of your song going viral.

I could go on and on about how much this promotion package can help you, but for those who are serious about their music breaking out, the possibilities should already be apparent.

Results are usually noticeable within 1-2 days. This is real promotion to real people using a variety of sources which is why the results can vary a great deal. But, if you want to really push that new single, or the best track on your new album, this is the best bang for your buck you will find.

I only work on one song at a time. You may buy the service for another song later, but I suggest waiting a month or so to see if you need to. If your first song goes viral, you shouldn't need any more help. For that reason I STRONGLY suggest you pick the song you feel has the highest possible chance of taking off. Even if it isn't your favorite of your tracks, you should pick the most commercial and publicly accessible track you have.

Price is 100$ . Purchase in the sidebar to the left. I can only handle about 4 jobs at the same time, so make sure to order before my slots fill up. When they do I will take the paypal button down and you will have to wait till I have finished my orders. So if the button is gone, please check back regularly.

I will also do a Lite or Intro promotion (added by request) which is less effective, but also less time consuming for me. Same basic work, just less of it. 50$ and 25$ respectively. Also purchased in the sidebar. I can do one of each promotion for any one song.

Once you purchase send me a PM here or on soundcloud with your purchase ID, and the link to the song you want promoted.

All purchases are kept confidential. If you want to leave a comment here about your experience that's fine.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:11:52 PM by Ryan Murphy »
Thank you for reading, if you have any questions or would like to add your own two cents, by all means please join the forum and leave a post. I am sorry for the inconvenience of having to join, but it's the only way to prevent spam. If you found this post useful please consider buying a song or album on amazon http://amzn.to/17kgBpd, or making a donation on this page: http://acidbathproductions.biz/index.php?board=269.0

Acidbath Productions Forums

Artist Promotion Package
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »
gifts at The Acidhedz Cosmic Shop

anonymous_producer

Re: Soundcloud Artist Promotion Package
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:31:09 AM »
This sounds interesting. I would like to ask a few questions before I decide.

1. How long does this take.

2. Can you be more specific on the outcome of using your service?

3. Why are you charing 100$, thats a bit pricey for a indie producer like me.

4. I looked at your SC account and it doesn't look like you have any songs with the kind of exposre your talking about. Why is that?

Ryan Murphy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 09:08:52 AM »
This sounds interesting. I would like to ask a few questions before I decide.

1. How long does this take.

2. Can you be more specific on the outcome of using your service?

3. Why are you charing 100$, thats a bit pricey for a indie producer like me.

4. I looked at your SC account and it doesn't look like you have any songs with the kind of exposre your talking about. Why is that?

Thanks for your interest, and I am happy to answer your questions.

1. You should start seeing some results within 2 or 3 days, but I work on each promotion for at least 2 weeks.

2. Your song will get more exposure. I can't be more specific than that. The idea behind this job is to really push your song on the major social sites. Facebook and Twitter. G+1 I also work on because it's also treated as a major social network. Plus Stumble, which is still the top bookmarking site of it's kind. It's a blitz attack attempt to make your song take off virally. It also helps you rank higher on soundcloud, but the main goal is to try and make your song really take off.

But there is no way for me to guarantee that will happen, a song can go viral and really take off, or things can dry up as soon as I finish the promotion. I try to target the people most likely to enjoy your song with my promotions, but there is no way to know what songs will take off, and what songs will fizzle out. Sorry, that's just the blunt truth.

3. As I said, I will be working on your promotion for at least 2 weeks. That's only 50$ per week of work. Most people overcharge a lot more for this sort of package. They also tend to use very broad advertising, meaning they don't target a specific audience at all. I do, and as a producer/musician myself I know the right who, what and where to get you the best bang for your buck.

4. I prefer to not use blast promotions on my songs for now. A lot of my time is spent working on new songs, doing this sort of work for other people, and working on building this site up. So I don't really have time to deal with trying to be a breakout indie star right now. I have over 30 songs on SC, so my chances of getting at least a minor viral hit are good.
When I'm ready for the attention it will bring here, I will apply my methods to my own songs. For now I prefer to help others get their music out and save the money I make for projects later. Timing is everything in my business model.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:24:13 AM by Ryan Murphy »
Thank you for reading, if you have any questions or would like to add your own two cents, by all means please join the forum and leave a post. I am sorry for the inconvenience of having to join, but it's the only way to prevent spam. If you found this post useful please consider buying a song or album on amazon http://amzn.to/17kgBpd, or making a donation on this page: http://acidbathproductions.biz/index.php?board=269.0

anonymous_producer

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:54:53 AM »
1. That's cool. When you said only a couple days in the first post it didn't sound right to me, but I get you now. You work on it for a couple weeks, but we should start seeing thing happen in a couple days.

2. Wow, honesty  ;D if you had made a bunch of dumb promisis I wouldnt even both reading the rest.

3. yeah, makes more sense when I know how long you work on the stuff.

4. understandabl, getting your ducks lined up before you start shooting, I totally get that.

Yeah, I've ordered and sent you the PM. Looking forward to seeing how thigns go, and I will report back when it's done.

anonymous_producer

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:12:05 PM »
Looking good so far. It's only been a few days and I already have seen my numbers going up.

From what I'm seeing it's just as advertised. It'll really help push my song out, but only in the short term. Thats why i'm using this and doing my own promo stuff too.

highly reccomend to anyone with a single they are really pushing hard.

doofusbread

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
WWhy should we use you instead of a site like cloudkillers?

This isnt a pro looking site. Your just some dude. So why should I hire uyou?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:29:47 PM by doofusbread »

Ryan Murphy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 08:15:05 PM »
WWhy should we use you instead of a site like cloudkillers?

This isnt a pro looking site. Your just some dude. So why should I hire uyou?

There is nothing wrong with using a site like cloudkillers, but you have to consider who they are putting your songs in front of.

They are other producers that are on the site for the same reason you are. If you really want to get fans that will enjoy your music, and buy it, you need to get regular people hearing them, not just other producers.

So Cloudkillers is something you use to help your tracks look better, but you still have to get people to the track for them to see the comments/favs.

I actually get your song out onto the social sites, with a big kick in it's ass. My service compliments Cloudkillers. They help your songs look more popular with soundcloud's tools, I get your songs out in front of people and help them look more popular on the social sites. Using both will give your track a more rounded exposure and appearance.

As for the site not looking pro... I'm a producer that also does online promotion, so the site fits who I am, and what I do.

I guess you need to ask yourself if you want some slick shit suit that doesn't know your name, who you are, what your music is about, or anything about your audience promoting you? OR, do you want a true music addict that will listen to your song, and find the right people to put it in front of promoting you?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:55:38 AM by Ryan Murphy »

anonymous_producer

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 01:58:59 PM »
Well, I don't want to post my track here, but I will post my results so far.

108 facebook likes. 97 G+1. Over 50 tweets. Biggest thing is I have gotten over 2100 new plays.

;D Great Job! Way better results than advertised!

Ryan Murphy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »
Well, I don't want to post my track here, but I will post my results so far.

108 facebook likes. 97 G+1. Over 50 tweets. Biggest thing is I have gotten over 2100 new plays.

;D Great Job! Way better results than advertised!

Thanks for the review, and I hope you hit your goals.

Ryan Murphy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 05:05:27 PM »
Here are some questions I got on Soundcloud.

I saw your site about the online promotions... do you work for all genres?

Is it just a short term hits/favorites/downloads etc. burst or is it potentially fans who may spread my work further as well?

I am not looking for facebook or G+ but basically twitter, youtube and soundcloud.

Here are my answers:

Any genre.

My work is short term blasts to multiple social networks, which hopefully translates into finding fans who will continue spreading your music.

The goal of my work is to get your song out in front of enough people to give it a good chance of going viral on the different networks.

I work on Twitter, Facebook, G+1, stumbleupon, delicious, digg and other major social networking and bookmarking sites. Depending on the package you buy, you should get anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand new plays.

I don't guarantee favorites, downloads, comments or followers since I can only get people to listen to your song and share it. Most clients do get some. People tend to share and re-share (person A tells person B who tells person C, etc) songs with free DL more.

Please be aware that I am putting your work out in front of real people. As such, you may get comments you don't like. This can't be helped. Unless they offer good, constructive critique, ignore them.

I CAN'T force people to like your song, which is why I stress that you pick the best, and most mainstream/commercial song you have when you use my service. While I do want repeat customers, my first priority is getting you good results, not making more money off you. I treat every song as a potential viral hit, and do my best to make you famous. Whether it's your first purchase, or your fiftieth.

I am also discrete, no one will know you used my service unless you tell them.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:15:23 PM by Ryan Murphy »

State of Psychosis

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 09:45:55 AM »
Yea I agree with the other user who mentioned cloudkillers...

not only is it free and gets you real human to human plays/comments

as they update the site, they're planning on incorporating fan comments to eventually so the article writers concern is already addressed.

Personally, I've gotten over 48,000 plays from using the site :)
people are also getting signed by labels off the top list that works with it ;)

(IN HOUSE EDIT: Don't promote your links here, and if you are going to talk about them, be honest. They can't help you get signed, and all they are good for is getting some comments on your song to make it look more busy.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:41:35 AM by Ryan Murphy »

(supposedly site contextual) ads by Google